19 February 2011

OWWA Membership (Updated for 2013)

Finally, after one month I was able to squeeze in my Philippine Embassy trip, I need to register on OWWA or Overseas Workers Welfare Administration for security purposes and to avail some perks and benefits offered to us being an  Overseas Worker.

Philippine Embassy here in Singapore is located at 20 Nassim Road, a 1.20 km walk from Orchard MRT Station. I can't really describe how our embassy here looks like since they are under renovation, it was not actually a building, but a residential compound that looks like a bungalow house before. Their staff are friendly and nice, very accommodating for a question robot like me.

The process is less than 10 minutes to finish, where you have to fill-up the OWWA Information Sheet, Submit it with original Passport and IC Pass plus S$42 membership fee for the duration of employment, but not exceeding two (2) years.

Below are OWWA Programs and Services as stated on the certificate,
A. Health care, Disability and Death Benefits
B. Education and Training
C. Worker Assistance and On-site Services
D. Social Services and Family Welfare Assistance
E. Loan Guarantee Fund (still under review)

OWWA Singapore Address : 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395
Operation Schedule   : Mondays to Fridays, 9-5 PM, close on Saturdays, Sundays, Philippines & Singapore declared holidays.

How to get there....
Click on the photo to enlarge
After OWWA Membership next is how to get OEC find it here at OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate, How to get one in Singapore?


rjs mama on February 21, 2011 at 8:14 AM said...

you're in singapore pala sis =) happy monday!

Cel Lomio on March 9, 2011 at 5:43 PM said...

hey! I'm also planning a trip to the embassy. Did you apply for the OWWA membership alone or the OEC also? Coz OEC requires a two way ticket, I don't know if I want to buy now. Thanks!

Kasai on March 9, 2011 at 9:31 PM said...

Hi Cel!
Yup I applied alone, uwi kasi ako tomorrow e, before ka makabili ng OCE you need to be a member first, I don't remember them asking me about the two way ticket, all you need to present is your original Passport & your MOM pass.

Buti n lang pinaalala mo I have article on my drafts regarding this OCE wait check ko lang ha nakalumutan ko ng ipublish

Anonymous said...

hi, enough ba ang IPA to apply? or they require NRIC card?


Kasai on May 7, 2011 at 2:09 AM said...

Hi Babyjazz!

no po, kasi as far as i know IPA is not a valid pass kasi hindi k p nga po pede magstart ng work unless may IC ka ng hawak or the working pass/visa.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Can you expound more please on the directions of how to get there? I am barely two weeks here and I am so lucky to get a job and a pass and I want to be a member right away! From Orchard, where do I go? I would be so happy if you can e-mail me at mllviernes@gmail.com



Anonymous said...

hi!can i use owwa membership as a philhealth in philippines?para po sa mother ko in hospital?

Kasai on August 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM said...

Im not that sure if OWWA membership can be used in all hospitals unlike philhealth that are accepted in almost all hospital.

Post a Comment

This is DO FOLLOW Blog, feel free to comment with your URL for Backlinks

Visit my other site too!
My Life
In My Opinion


My Simple Life Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino