09 March 2011

OEC or Overseas Employment Certificate, How to get one in Singapore?

One of the benefits of being an OFW and an OWWA member is you are eligible to have a Travel Exit Clearance, you got to enjoy going home free of travel tax (P1620 from Manila Airport) and terminal fee (P550 from Manila Airport). This is a lot of savings specially if you are constantly jetting from Singapore to Philippines and back. And you can also avail a  travel tax reduction if you are travelling with your dependent/s.

UPDATES (2013): Starting 5th of November 2013 POEA  introduce the Appointment System so no "walk-in application" will be entertained from the mentioned date. Here in Singapore you can book for an appointement just click at the link >>> Balik- Manggagawa Online Appointment System

Pleasse note that Philippine Embassy here in Singapore opens only on weekdays, Mondays to Fridays, 9-5 PM, close on Saturdays, Sundays, Philippines & Singapore declared holidays. OEC Issuance at Lucky Plaza Mall was already discontinued

SUGGESTION 1 : If your staying 5 days or less in the Philippines its more convenient to avail an OEC at the Airport Terminals.

SUGGESTION 2 : It your staying for more than 5 days you can also get your OEC at the following locations...

(1) POEA main office in Ortigas Avenue, Mandaluyong City
(2) Duty Free Philippines in Parañaque City;
(3) SM-Manila near Manila City Hall; and
(4) Trinoma Mall in Quezon City.

As I mentioned only OFW who have valid Working Pass, S Pass, E Pass and PEP are eligible of this perks, list of required documents includes... ( from Philippine Embassy Singpore website)

Household Service Workers
  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Valid Employment Contract (processed by POEA or the Philippine Embassy – if there is no valid authenticated employment contract, please proceed to contract processing counter (Counter 1)
  • Original Work Permit Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution
S-pass/Employment Pass/Training Employment Pass
  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Original Employment Card, S Pass, Work Permit Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution
Personalised Employment Pass
  • Accomplished OFW info sheet
  • Valid Employment Contract (Present Company) or Certificate of Employment signed by the Employer/HR stating the contract duration
  • Original PEP Card
  • Original Passport
  • Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency
  • Proof of OWWA valid membership (i.e. official receipt, certificate of coverage);  worth S$42.00
  • Updated receipt of Pag-IBIG Fund membership contribution

You can get one or multiple OEC at the Philippine Embassy located at 20 Nassim Road, Singapore 258395 for only S$3.00 with one (1) year validity from the date of issuance (subject to validity of work pass and OWWA membership)

Map with direction from Orchard MRT station to Philippine Embassy at Singapore
click photo to enlarge (from Google Map)

You can check the following link for further information.

Balik- Manggagawa Online Appointment System

OEC Requirements




Staffing Supplier on March 9, 2011 at 11:30 PM said...

Quite an helpful post, people can save money with help of proper and legal Employment certificates.

Kasai on March 9, 2011 at 11:37 PM said...

Thank you very much!

Cel Lomio on March 10, 2011 at 5:49 PM said...

Waaah! You mean to say I need to get tickets before I get it? I haven't decide when to go yet... tsk tsk. Can I buy an e-ticket? I don't really have to go through a travel agency right?

Kasai on March 10, 2011 at 6:53 PM said...

@ Cel, Dear you can just register on owwa for now if you haven't decided when to go home, then just go back when you already have ticket to purchase an OCE.

with regards to ticket, I think every airlines right now already have websites for easy ticket purchasing just use credit card or any debit card you have for payment.

Cel Lomio on March 10, 2011 at 9:06 PM said...

Oh. So I really need to get the OEC. Okies... I'll get the OWWA first. Thanks much for the info! You've been very helpful!

Anonymous said...

hi, if this is so, the only time a dependent may acquire reduced travel tax is when she/he is traveling with an OFW? Say if you are a wife, you should be traveling with your husband. If you are going alone, then a reduced travel tax cannot be availed? am i right?

Kasai on June 25, 2011 at 4:15 PM said...

you are right, in this case only OFW can avail reduce tax as well as their dependents (not necessarily dependent pass holder of sg or any other country) who are traveling with them.

Anonymous said...

Hi what if my employment pass is already been cancelled by my employer and I'm going back to Philippines. Can I still use my OEC even though I don't have working visa in Singapore?

Kasai on August 22, 2012 at 12:38 PM said...

OEC are used only outbound PH, Im not sure if you still can kasi hinahanap nila ang working pass.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm a dependent pass holder here I'm SG and got a job. can I be an OWWA member? I have a contract but my LOC confirmation from MOM has not yet arrived.

Kasai on July 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM said...

I am not so sure with your case (working DP), what I suggest is wait for your LOC and together with your contact which will serve as your proof of employment, you can as well inquire to our embassy by mail at polosingapore2@yahoo.com.sg

Post a Comment

This is DO FOLLOW Blog, feel free to comment with your URL for Backlinks

Visit my other site too!
My Life
In My Opinion


My Simple Life Copyright © 2009 Flower Garden is Designed by Ipietoon for Tadpole's Notez Flower Image by Dapino